Orange County News
Irvine couple accused of planting drugs pleads not guilty
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A local husband and wife, both attorneys, have pleaded not guilty to charges they planted drugs in the car of a volunteer at their son's school.
Jill Easter, 39, and her husband, Kent Easter, 38, appeared in a Santa Ana courtroom on Monday.
Prosecutors allege the Irvine couple planted prescription pills, marijuana and a pipe in the car of a parent-volunteer and then called Irvine police to report her.
They were allegedly upset at the way the volunteer was supervising their first-grade son.
The two are due back in court next month. They each face up to 4 years in prison if convicted.
arrest, school, orange county news
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 29 min ago
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Riot police storm opposition offices in Ukraine 24 min ago
- American Airlines, US Airways merger complete 59 min ago
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
37 min ago