Orange County News
Third Fullerton ex-cop charged in Kelly Thomas death
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A third Fullerton police officer was charged Thursday in the death of Kelly Thomas, a homeless man who was fatally beaten in a police altercation in Fullerton in 2011.
Former Fullerton officer Joseph Wolfe was arraigned Thursday on a felony count of involuntary manslaughter and a felony count of using excessive force. Wolfe pleaded not guilty. He was held on $25,000 bond.
The Orange County District Attorney's Office said Wolfe was indicted on Monday by a grand jury.
Wolfe is one of six officers involved in a violent clash between police the 37-year-old Thomas in July 2011 during an investigation into a report that he was trying car doors at a Fullerton transit hub. Thomas died five days later.
Two other former officers, Manuel Ramos and Jay Cicinelli, were charged last year.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
legal, orange county news
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino 14 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 41 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County 3 min ago
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 7 min ago
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested 9 min ago
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
43 min ago