Orange County News
Third Fullerton ex-cop charged in Kelly Thomas death
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A third Fullerton police officer was charged Thursday in the death of Kelly Thomas, a homeless man who was fatally beaten in a police altercation in Fullerton in 2011.
Former Fullerton officer Joseph Wolfe was arraigned Thursday on a felony count of involuntary manslaughter and a felony count of using excessive force. Wolfe pleaded not guilty. He was held on $25,000 bond.
The Orange County District Attorney's Office said Wolfe was indicted on Monday by a grand jury.
Wolfe is one of six officers involved in a violent clash between police the 37-year-old Thomas in July 2011 during an investigation into a report that he was trying car doors at a Fullerton transit hub. Thomas died five days later.
Two other former officers, Manuel Ramos and Jay Cicinelli, were charged last year.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
legal, orange county news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts 47 min ago
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet 35 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Tyler The Creator arrested at SXSW festival 3 min ago
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report