Orange County News
Third Fullerton ex-cop charged in Kelly Thomas death
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A third Fullerton police officer was charged Thursday in the death of Kelly Thomas, a homeless man who was fatally beaten in a police altercation in Fullerton in 2011.
Former Fullerton officer Joseph Wolfe was arraigned Thursday on a felony count of involuntary manslaughter and a felony count of using excessive force. Wolfe pleaded not guilty. He was held on $25,000 bond.
The Orange County District Attorney's Office said Wolfe was indicted on Monday by a grand jury.
Wolfe is one of six officers involved in a violent clash between police the 37-year-old Thomas in July 2011 during an investigation into a report that he was trying car doors at a Fullerton transit hub. Thomas died five days later.
Two other former officers, Manuel Ramos and Jay Cicinelli, were charged last year.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
legal, orange county news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure 31 min ago
- Echo Park apartment fire deemed suspicious
- Woman in newlywed murder agrees to plea deal
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion 54 min ago
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018 6 min ago
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace'
- OTRC: Lea Michele talks about Cory Monteith (Video) 51 min ago