Orange County News
OC police may have nabbed dirty diaper dumper
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Laguna Beach police may have their man in a dirty diaper case.
Someone had been dumping adult diapers in upscale neighborhoods in Orange County, so police set up surveillance and found diapers with an envelope addressed to a medical office.
The address led investigators to watch a multimillion-dollar Newport Coast home. Officers followed a 67-year-old man on Tuesday, pulled him over and found dirty diapers in his passenger seat.
The man, whose name has not been released, has not been arrested, but police say they are pursuing a case with prosecutors.
Police say the illegal dumping of dozens of dirty diapers started last year in Newport Beach and Laguna Beach. The diapers were thrown out mostly along Coast Highway in Newport Beach, and within the traffic lanes between the north city limits of Laguna and the Emerald Bay main entrance.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
environment, orange county news
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note 35 min ago
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California 34 min ago
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades 22 min ago
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
49 min ago