Orange County News
OC police may have nabbed dirty diaper dumper
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Laguna Beach police may have their man in a dirty diaper case.
Someone had been dumping adult diapers in upscale neighborhoods in Orange County, so police set up surveillance and found diapers with an envelope addressed to a medical office.
The address led investigators to watch a multimillion-dollar Newport Coast home. Officers followed a 67-year-old man on Tuesday, pulled him over and found dirty diapers in his passenger seat.
The man, whose name has not been released, has not been arrested, but police say they are pursuing a case with prosecutors.
Police say the illegal dumping of dozens of dirty diapers started last year in Newport Beach and Laguna Beach. The diapers were thrown out mostly along Coast Highway in Newport Beach, and within the traffic lanes between the north city limits of Laguna and the Emerald Bay main entrance.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
environment, orange county news
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 2 min ago
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting 24 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut 18 min ago
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre