Orange County News
Kelly Thomas beating: Ron Thomas speaks about 3rd officer charged
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- The father of a homeless man beaten by Fullerton police is speaking out about charges brought against a third officer.
Ron Thomas says he is pleased with the charge against former Officer Joseph Wolfe, seen in surveillance video during the July 2011 beating of Kelly Thomas.
Thursday, Wolfe was indicted on involuntary manslaughter and excessive force charges. He pleaded not guilty.
"I want to thank the Orange County District Attorney for seeking an indictment on Wolfe," Ron Thomas said during a press conference Friday. "From the moment I first saw the video, I knew he was guilty."
Two other former Fullerton officers have also pleaded not guilty to charges in the case. As for Wolfe, he's out on bail and due in court in November.
legal, orange county news
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 6 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members 46 min ago
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Brokechella festival held in downtown LA
51 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
15 min ago