Orange County News
Kelly Thomas beating: Ron Thomas speaks about 3rd officer charged
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- The father of a homeless man beaten by Fullerton police is speaking out about charges brought against a third officer.
Ron Thomas says he is pleased with the charge against former Officer Joseph Wolfe, seen in surveillance video during the July 2011 beating of Kelly Thomas.
Thursday, Wolfe was indicted on involuntary manslaughter and excessive force charges. He pleaded not guilty.
"I want to thank the Orange County District Attorney for seeking an indictment on Wolfe," Ron Thomas said during a press conference Friday. "From the moment I first saw the video, I knew he was guilty."
Two other former Fullerton officers have also pleaded not guilty to charges in the case. As for Wolfe, he's out on bail and due in court in November.
legal, orange county news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park 41 min ago
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out 58 min ago
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report