Orange County News
'Desperate Bandit' robs US Bank in Placentia
PLACENTIA, Calif. (KABC) -- A serial bank robber, dubbed by the FBI as "The Desperate Bandit," has struck again in Orange County.
Police said the suspect robbed the U.S. Bank on the 200 block of East Yorba Linda Boulevard in Placentia around 1:30 p.m. Friday. He presented the teller a note stating that he was armed, but no weapon was seen. He fled the scene with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Authorities said that in previous bank robberies, his note said, "I am desperate." The suspect, described as a man in his 40s, has robbed a total of five banks, including one in Chino on Aug. 8 and another in Anaheim Hills on Sept. 5. On Sept. 14, he struck two banks, one in Tustin and one in Corona.
The suspect's vehicle was described as a white four-door Toyota Corolla with factory spoilers. Paper license plates with a red background and white lettering have been seen.
Anyone with information was asked to call police at (714) 993-8187.
bank robbery, orange county news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants