Orange County News
Anaheim police officer cleared in fatal 2011 shooting
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- No charges will be filed against a police officer in a fatal 2011 Anaheim police shooting.
Orange County prosecutors announced Tuesday that they believe Anaheim Police Officer Bruce Linn feared for his life when he shot and killed 23-year-old David Raya.
Two Anaheim officers were chasing Raya on August 16, 2011. Raya was a wanted parolee and was a documented gang member known to be armed and dangerous.
According to prosecutors, Raya reached for his waistband during the chase, causing Linn to fear he was reaching for a weapon.
Witnesses told Anaheim police Raya had been recently involved in at least two vehicle thefts and was believed to be armed with at least three guns. A wanted poster for Raya was issued on July 29, 2011.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
officer-involved shooting, shooting, orange county news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens 48 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 24 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- India diplomat claims cavity search in NYC
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
46 min ago