Orange County News
Anaheim police officer cleared in fatal 2011 shooting
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- No charges will be filed against a police officer in a fatal 2011 Anaheim police shooting.
Orange County prosecutors announced Tuesday that they believe Anaheim Police Officer Bruce Linn feared for his life when he shot and killed 23-year-old David Raya.
Two Anaheim officers were chasing Raya on August 16, 2011. Raya was a wanted parolee and was a documented gang member known to be armed and dangerous.
According to prosecutors, Raya reached for his waistband during the chase, causing Linn to fear he was reaching for a weapon.
Witnesses told Anaheim police Raya had been recently involved in at least two vehicle thefts and was believed to be armed with at least three guns. A wanted poster for Raya was issued on July 29, 2011.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
officer-involved shooting, shooting, orange county news
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal 5 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- SEALS take oil tanker from Libyan rebels 10 min ago
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians