Orange County News
Woman allegedly tried to set Dana Point lingerie store on fire
DANA POINT, Calif. (KABC) -- Police say a woman tried to set a Dana Point lingerie store on fire, using items given to her by an ex-boyfriend.
Authorities say a sheriff's deputy saw the attempted arson on the 34000 block of Pacific Coast Highway at about 12:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Jennifer Renee Colwell, 42, allegedly put items her ex-boyfriend bought for her at the Intimate Obsessions store into a pillowcase, and then soaked it with gas before setting it on fire and throwing it at the business.
Firefighters managed to douse the flames before they spread to nearby bushes.
Colwell has pleaded not guilty to a felony charge of arson of property.
fire, orange county news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens 16 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 46 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor 6 min ago
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the 70s 35 min ago
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut
- Gay couple plans wedding on Rose Parade float
26 min ago