Orange County News
Woman allegedly tried to set Dana Point lingerie store on fire
DANA POINT, Calif. (KABC) -- Police say a woman tried to set a Dana Point lingerie store on fire, using items given to her by an ex-boyfriend.
Authorities say a sheriff's deputy saw the attempted arson on the 34000 block of Pacific Coast Highway at about 12:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Jennifer Renee Colwell, 42, allegedly put items her ex-boyfriend bought for her at the Intimate Obsessions store into a pillowcase, and then soaked it with gas before setting it on fire and throwing it at the business.
Firefighters managed to douse the flames before they spread to nearby bushes.
Colwell has pleaded not guilty to a felony charge of arson of property.
fire, orange county news
- Tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs; 51 dead 6 min ago
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC 53 min ago
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- Laguna Beach sex assault suspect surrenders
- Fire near Frazier Park 90 percent contained
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: Seth MacFarlane 'unable' to host Oscars again
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
2 min ago