Orange County News
Woman allegedly tried to set Dana Point lingerie store on fire
DANA POINT, Calif. (KABC) -- Police say a woman tried to set a Dana Point lingerie store on fire, using items given to her by an ex-boyfriend.
Authorities say a sheriff's deputy saw the attempted arson on the 34000 block of Pacific Coast Highway at about 12:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Jennifer Renee Colwell, 42, allegedly put items her ex-boyfriend bought for her at the Intimate Obsessions store into a pillowcase, and then soaked it with gas before setting it on fire and throwing it at the business.
Firefighters managed to douse the flames before they spread to nearby bushes.
Colwell has pleaded not guilty to a felony charge of arson of property.
fire, orange county news
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- LB mayoral candidate mailer wrongly shows SD
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Benjamin Netanyahu discusses Iran at LA event
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- San Clemente HS lockdown lifted after threat
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss 38 min ago
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease 50 min ago
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter
- Hot yoga: Hazardous for your health?
42 min ago