Orange County News
Woman allegedly tried to set Dana Point lingerie store on fire
DANA POINT, Calif. (KABC) -- Police say a woman tried to set a Dana Point lingerie store on fire, using items given to her by an ex-boyfriend.
Authorities say a sheriff's deputy saw the attempted arson on the 34000 block of Pacific Coast Highway at about 12:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Jennifer Renee Colwell, 42, allegedly put items her ex-boyfriend bought for her at the Intimate Obsessions store into a pillowcase, and then soaked it with gas before setting it on fire and throwing it at the business.
Firefighters managed to douse the flames before they spread to nearby bushes.
Colwell has pleaded not guilty to a felony charge of arson of property.
fire, orange county news
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified 25 min ago
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban 44 min ago
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached 53 min ago
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game 6 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future