Orange County News
8-hour police standoff ends with arrest of wanted parolee
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Police arrested a wanted parolee after an eight-hour standoff in Anaheim Saturday night.
Police were called to the Ramada Inn on the 2100 block of South Harbor Boulevard at 10 a.m. to assist with the apprehension of the suspect, who was described as armed and dangerous.
"The subject ran inside the location and barricaded himself in with two female adults," said Anaheim Police Sergeant Bob Dunn.
One of the woman left the barricaded room on her own, according to police, telling them the man was armed and the other woman was inside of her own will.
The suspect was arrested without incident by 6:45 p.m.
City News Service contributed to this report.
arrest, standoff, orange county news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway 19 min ago
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court 56 min ago
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- South Korea ferry sinks; hundreds rescued 4 min ago
- Google Glass raises public privacy concerns 28 min ago
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments