Orange County News
Anaheim City Council considering adding streetcars near Disneyland
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- The Anaheim City Council reviewed a $318M streetcar plan Tuesday that could be transporting tourists and employees to Disneyland and other destinations nearby as soon as 2018.
According to the Orange County Register, the streetcars would run on a fixed guide way to Disneyland, GardenWalk mall shops and restaurants, and the Anaheim Convention Center, among other stops.
The streetcar plan titled Anaheim Rapid Connection won initial support from several council members. However, many asked for more time to study alternatives including enhanced bus service and the elevated monorail.
orange county news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea 11 min ago
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will 36 min ago
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere
- 'Ransomware' holds encrypted data for money
44 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
19 min ago