Orange County News
Anaheim City Council considering adding streetcars near Disneyland
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- The Anaheim City Council reviewed a $318M streetcar plan Tuesday that could be transporting tourists and employees to Disneyland and other destinations nearby as soon as 2018.
According to the Orange County Register, the streetcars would run on a fixed guide way to Disneyland, GardenWalk mall shops and restaurants, and the Anaheim Convention Center, among other stops.
The streetcar plan titled Anaheim Rapid Connection won initial support from several council members. However, many asked for more time to study alternatives including enhanced bus service and the elevated monorail.
orange county news
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal 27 min ago
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested 31 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather 4 min ago
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)