Orange County News
Anaheim City Council considering adding streetcars near Disneyland
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- The Anaheim City Council reviewed a $318M streetcar plan Tuesday that could be transporting tourists and employees to Disneyland and other destinations nearby as soon as 2018.
According to the Orange County Register, the streetcars would run on a fixed guide way to Disneyland, GardenWalk mall shops and restaurants, and the Anaheim Convention Center, among other stops.
The streetcar plan titled Anaheim Rapid Connection won initial support from several council members. However, many asked for more time to study alternatives including enhanced bus service and the elevated monorail.
orange county news
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour