Orange County News
Disneyland warns against 'ticket renting'
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Deep-discounted tickets to Disneyland for sale on websites like Craigslist and at some ticket brokers near the resort may sound like a good idea, but authorities are issuing a warning to the public.
"There have been some complaints from consumers who have purchased discounted tickets for Disneyland from third-party sources," said Sgt. Bob Dunn of the Anaheim Police Department. "When they have gotten to Disneyland, they realize that the purchase is against the rules and regulations of Disney and therefore they haven't been able to gain access."
At the gate, a single ticket costs $125. A five-day park-hopper pass is nearly $300.
A broker with a ticket office in an Anaheim gas station, who did not want to be identified, said he buys multiday Disneyland passes from an authorized seller, then rents out the ticket per day for $85. The person paying the money must return the ticket at the end of the day, and that ticket is then used by someone else. The practice is known as "ticket renting."
"Ticket 'renting' is in violation of our policy, which clearly states that tickets must be used by the same person on any and all days," Disneyland said in a statement.
The ticket broker, who has a business license, said less than 5 percent of the tickets he sells get confiscated at the gate, and if they do, the broker refunds their money.
Disneyland urges people to buy their tickets from authorized sellers, such as the Disneyland Resort and Good Neighbor Hotels. Tickets are also sold at many grocery stores.
"If you're purchasing a ticket and it's at a deep, deep discount, it's probably too good to be true," Dunn said. "It's probably been used by others and you may not gain entry into the park as you intend that day."
Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
amusement park, disney theme park, orange county news, eileen frere
- Oklahoma tornadoes level homes, kill man 32 min ago
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested