Orange County News
Disneyland warns against 'ticket renting'
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Deep-discounted tickets to Disneyland for sale on websites like Craigslist and at some ticket brokers near the resort may sound like a good idea, but authorities are issuing a warning to the public.
"There have been some complaints from consumers who have purchased discounted tickets for Disneyland from third-party sources," said Sgt. Bob Dunn of the Anaheim Police Department. "When they have gotten to Disneyland, they realize that the purchase is against the rules and regulations of Disney and therefore they haven't been able to gain access."
At the gate, a single ticket costs $125. A five-day park-hopper pass is nearly $300.
A broker with a ticket office in an Anaheim gas station, who did not want to be identified, said he buys multiday Disneyland passes from an authorized seller, then rents out the ticket per day for $85. The person paying the money must return the ticket at the end of the day, and that ticket is then used by someone else. The practice is known as "ticket renting."
"Ticket 'renting' is in violation of our policy, which clearly states that tickets must be used by the same person on any and all days," Disneyland said in a statement.
The ticket broker, who has a business license, said less than 5 percent of the tickets he sells get confiscated at the gate, and if they do, the broker refunds their money.
Disneyland urges people to buy their tickets from authorized sellers, such as the Disneyland Resort and Good Neighbor Hotels. Tickets are also sold at many grocery stores.
"If you're purchasing a ticket and it's at a deep, deep discount, it's probably too good to be true," Dunn said. "It's probably been used by others and you may not gain entry into the park as you intend that day."
Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
amusement park, disney theme park, orange county news, eileen frere
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape 24 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 16 min ago
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Crates of mail found abandoned in Hollywood
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer 37 min ago
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Lighting up historic Broadway Theatre...
43 min ago
- Los Angeles Mission serves Good Friday meals
5 min ago