Orange County News
Clown sentenced for 2002 Fullerton kidnap, rape
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A professional clown has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for raping a 12-year-old girl in Fullerton in 2002.
Jose Jimenez, 43, pleaded guilty to a felony count of forcible lewd acts upon a child under 14 and another felony lewd act charge. As part of a plea deal, he is set to serve a 10-year prison sentence but will get credit for nearly two years of time served.
Jimenez, from Anaheim, was wearing his clown costume when he approached the girl at a Taco Bell in Fullerton. He dragged her into his car, drove her away and raped her in the car.
DNA was gathered from Jimenez for an unrelated corporal injury on a child crime in 2010, and was linked to the rape in 2011.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
sexual assault, sentencing, orange county news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland 13 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
11 min ago