Orange County News
Clown sentenced for 2002 Fullerton kidnap, rape
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A professional clown has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for raping a 12-year-old girl in Fullerton in 2002.
Jose Jimenez, 43, pleaded guilty to a felony count of forcible lewd acts upon a child under 14 and another felony lewd act charge. As part of a plea deal, he is set to serve a 10-year prison sentence but will get credit for nearly two years of time served.
Jimenez, from Anaheim, was wearing his clown costume when he approached the girl at a Taco Bell in Fullerton. He dragged her into his car, drove her away and raped her in the car.
DNA was gathered from Jimenez for an unrelated corporal injury on a child crime in 2010, and was linked to the rape in 2011.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
sexual assault, sentencing, orange county news
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Inmate escapes jail a day after sentencing 11 min ago
- Ex-assemblyman arrested for domestic violence 26 min ago
- Flasher sought for exposing self at Brea Mall
- LA sheriff candidates faceoff in 1st debate
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- Malaysia plane search widens toward India
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Elderly couple's dog saved by rescue group
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says