Orange County News
Clown sentenced for 2002 Fullerton kidnap, rape
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A professional clown has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for raping a 12-year-old girl in Fullerton in 2002.
Jose Jimenez, 43, pleaded guilty to a felony count of forcible lewd acts upon a child under 14 and another felony lewd act charge. As part of a plea deal, he is set to serve a 10-year prison sentence but will get credit for nearly two years of time served.
Jimenez, from Anaheim, was wearing his clown costume when he approached the girl at a Taco Bell in Fullerton. He dragged her into his car, drove her away and raped her in the car.
DNA was gathered from Jimenez for an unrelated corporal injury on a child crime in 2010, and was linked to the rape in 2011.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
sexual assault, sentencing, orange county news
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Man killed when Amtrak train collides with car
- AZ sheriff's office profiles Latinos - judge
- Communications satellite launched into space
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert