Orange County News
Clown sentenced for 2002 Fullerton kidnap, rape
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A professional clown has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for raping a 12-year-old girl in Fullerton in 2002.
Jose Jimenez, 43, pleaded guilty to a felony count of forcible lewd acts upon a child under 14 and another felony lewd act charge. As part of a plea deal, he is set to serve a 10-year prison sentence but will get credit for nearly two years of time served.
Jimenez, from Anaheim, was wearing his clown costume when he approached the girl at a Taco Bell in Fullerton. He dragged her into his car, drove her away and raped her in the car.
DNA was gathered from Jimenez for an unrelated corporal injury on a child crime in 2010, and was linked to the rape in 2011.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
sexual assault, sentencing, orange county news
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal 30 min ago
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour