Orange County News
Clown sentenced for 2002 Fullerton kidnap, rape
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A professional clown has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for raping a 12-year-old girl in Fullerton in 2002.
Jose Jimenez, 43, pleaded guilty to a felony count of forcible lewd acts upon a child under 14 and another felony lewd act charge. As part of a plea deal, he is set to serve a 10-year prison sentence but will get credit for nearly two years of time served.
Jimenez, from Anaheim, was wearing his clown costume when he approached the girl at a Taco Bell in Fullerton. He dragged her into his car, drove her away and raped her in the car.
DNA was gathered from Jimenez for an unrelated corporal injury on a child crime in 2010, and was linked to the rape in 2011.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
sexual assault, sentencing, orange county news
- Tornadoes strike Midwest; storms to persist
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA 48 min ago
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Hollywood High honored for musical theatre 9 min ago
- Girl, 10, fatally shot inside NorCal home 53 min ago
- 2 FBI agents killed in Va. training accident
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash 16 min ago
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- Yahoo buys Tumblr in $1.1 billion deal
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- Photos: Selena Gomez stuns at Billboard Awards