Orange County News
Riverside man arrested trying to steal copper wiring from church roof
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Riverside man was arrested for trying to steal copper wiring Wednesday from the roof of Santa Ana Restoration Church.
Santa Ana deputies arrested Jeffery Alan Lawing, 35, while responding to call regarding a suspicious subject on the roof of Santa Ana Restoration Church located at 2535 South Main Street around 12:35 a.m.
According to authorities, residents who live in the church called police after they heard footsteps on the roof, and were left in the dark when the power to the building went out.
When the responding officers arrived, they saw the suspect on the roof. With the help of Orange County Air Support "Duke", officers were able to locate the suspect hiding under an air conditioning unit, climb on the roof, and take him into custody.
Lawing was arrested and booked into the Santa Ana Jail for grand theft and possession of burglary tools.
arrest, burglary, orange county news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 17 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
27 min ago