Orange County News
Riverside man arrested trying to steal copper wiring from church roof
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Riverside man was arrested for trying to steal copper wiring Wednesday from the roof of Santa Ana Restoration Church.
Santa Ana deputies arrested Jeffery Alan Lawing, 35, while responding to call regarding a suspicious subject on the roof of Santa Ana Restoration Church located at 2535 South Main Street around 12:35 a.m.
According to authorities, residents who live in the church called police after they heard footsteps on the roof, and were left in the dark when the power to the building went out.
When the responding officers arrived, they saw the suspect on the roof. With the help of Orange County Air Support "Duke", officers were able to locate the suspect hiding under an air conditioning unit, climb on the roof, and take him into custody.
Lawing was arrested and booked into the Santa Ana Jail for grand theft and possession of burglary tools.
arrest, burglary, orange county news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 17 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
52 min ago