Orange County News
Seal Beach mass shooting memorialized
SEAL BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Seal Beach marked the one-year anniversary of a shooting massacre at the Salon Meritage hair salon.
The shooting killed eight people. It was the worst mass murder in Orange County history. Friday marks the one-year anniversary of the crime.
Friday morning there was special memorial mass at Saint Anne's Catholic Church to honor the victims of the tragedy.
Thursday night there was a candlelight vigil with hundreds of people in attendance held at Eisenhower Park
The accused gunman, 42-year-old Scott Dekraai, has pleaded not guilty to the eight murders and is awaiting trial. Dekraai is accused of planning to murder his ex-wife, who was a stylist at the salon. She was one of the victims.
court case, shooting, orange county news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach 37 min ago
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 7 min ago
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds