Orange County News
Seal Beach mass shooting memorialized
SEAL BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Seal Beach marked the one-year anniversary of a shooting massacre at the Salon Meritage hair salon.
The shooting killed eight people. It was the worst mass murder in Orange County history. Friday marks the one-year anniversary of the crime.
Friday morning there was special memorial mass at Saint Anne's Catholic Church to honor the victims of the tragedy.
Thursday night there was a candlelight vigil with hundreds of people in attendance held at Eisenhower Park
The accused gunman, 42-year-old Scott Dekraai, has pleaded not guilty to the eight murders and is awaiting trial. Dekraai is accused of planning to murder his ex-wife, who was a stylist at the salon. She was one of the victims.
court case, shooting, orange county news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58 12 min ago
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store 45 min ago
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour