Orange County News
Newport Beach husband suspected of killing his wife; police searching for body
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are looking for the body of a Newport Beach woman who is suspected of being the victim of a homicide.
Quee Chadwick and her husband Peter Chadwick vanished from their home in Newport Coast Wednesday. However, days after their disappearance, the search has turned into a homicide investigation as Peter Chadwick was found in San Diego Thursday and taken into custody on suspicion of homicide.
While details are limited, friends say Peter Chadwick and his wife Quee, known to friends as "Q.C." and their three children were a relatively private family. Friends say they never knew of any problems in the family.
Officers were called to the couple's multi-million dollar home in a gated community in Newport Beach at 7 p.m. Wednesday, according to a statement released by Newport Beach Police.
Authorities said a neighbor saw two of the Chadwick's children at a bus stop, waiting later than usual for a ride, which prompted her to call police.
"She was very concerned about the welfare of her neighbors," said Kathy Lowe spokeswoman for the Newport Beach Police Department. "She was unable to get in touch with them so we responded to the home and discovered signs of a struggle and possible foul play."
Police would not release any additional details on the evidence found inside the Newport Beach home.
After launching a search for the missing couple, authorities said Peter Chadwick was found Thursday around 5:30 a.m.
"On Thursday morning, the San Diego Police Department was contacted by Peter Chadwick," said Lowe. "He was in the area of the 905 freeway and Picardo Street."
The 48-year-old was driving his champagne-colored 2003 Lexus SUV.
No details have been released as to what he was doing not far from the U.S.-Mexico border or why he called police.
However soon after he was located, with the help of San Diego Police, Chadwick was arrested, suspected of killing his 46-year-old wife.
"We are searching for Quee Chadwick," said Lowe. "We do obviously based on our investigation believe she has been a victim of a homicide."Police will not release any further information as to why they believe Quee Chadwick is dead. Anyone with any information regarding this ongoing investigation is urged to call Newport Beach Police Department at (800) 550-NBPD.
san diego, arrest, homicide investigation, missing person, orange county news, eileen frere
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student 57 min ago
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)