Orange County News
Baby left alone in Irvine college parking lot; dad arrested
IRVINE, Calif. (KABC) -- An Irvine Valley College teacher was arrested on suspicion of leaving his 11-month-old daughter alone in the campus parking lot.
The baby, still strapped to her car seat, was found Monday afternoon by some people passing by. Police said the baby was not inside a vehicle and there was no one nearby claiming to be responsible for her.
According to investigators, her father, 33-year-old Jason Buchea of Costa Mesa, had called police to report his daughter missing.
Buchea and the baby's mother, who is a student at the college, were questioned. After the interview, Buchea was arrested for child endangerment. The mother was not arrested.
The baby was taken into protective custody by the Orange County Child Protective Services.
arrest, orange county news
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event