Orange County News
Baby left alone in Irvine college parking lot; dad arrested
IRVINE, Calif. (KABC) -- An Irvine Valley College teacher was arrested on suspicion of leaving his 11-month-old daughter alone in the campus parking lot.
The baby, still strapped to her car seat, was found Monday afternoon by some people passing by. Police said the baby was not inside a vehicle and there was no one nearby claiming to be responsible for her.
According to investigators, her father, 33-year-old Jason Buchea of Costa Mesa, had called police to report his daughter missing.
Buchea and the baby's mother, who is a student at the college, were questioned. After the interview, Buchea was arrested for child endangerment. The mother was not arrested.
The baby was taken into protective custody by the Orange County Child Protective Services.
arrest, orange county news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster 44 min ago
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour