Orange County News
Baby left alone in Irvine college parking lot; dad arrested
IRVINE, Calif. (KABC) -- An Irvine Valley College teacher was arrested on suspicion of leaving his 11-month-old daughter alone in the campus parking lot.
The baby, still strapped to her car seat, was found Monday afternoon by some people passing by. Police said the baby was not inside a vehicle and there was no one nearby claiming to be responsible for her.
According to investigators, her father, 33-year-old Jason Buchea of Costa Mesa, had called police to report his daughter missing.
Buchea and the baby's mother, who is a student at the college, were questioned. After the interview, Buchea was arrested for child endangerment. The mother was not arrested.
The baby was taken into protective custody by the Orange County Child Protective Services.
arrest, orange county news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks