Orange County News
Stanton attempted kidnapper sought; sketch released
STANTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for a man who tried to kidnap a 17-year-old girl who was walking her dog in Stanton.
Orange County Sheriff's deputies say the girl was walking her dog in the 10800 block of Dale Street near Katella Avenue around 7 p.m. Monday when a man got out of his vehicle and grabbed her around the waist.
The girl fought him off, but he grabbed her again and told her to stop resisting because it would only get worse. She screamed, managed to break free and ran to a liquor store, where she called her sister.
The suspect was described as an Asian man, about 23 years old, 5 feet 6 inches tall, with a thin build and black hair. He was seen wearing a white shirt with a red drawstring and skinny jeans. Authorities say the suspect took off in a newer model gray Infiniti.
Anyone with information was urged to call OC Crimestoppers at (855) 847-6227.
kidnap, orange county news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis