Orange County News
2 men sought for kicking victim unconscious on ground after party
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are looking for two men suspected of a beating that caused permanent brain damage in the victim.
A clothing business held a party at its Santa Ana location on September 29. Huntington Beach resident Ted Currie, 20, was there to help a DJ unload equipment. After the party, he reportedly got into an argument with another man after the party was dispersed by police at Orange Avenue and Dyer Road.
The other man allegedly punched Currie in the back of the head. Currie fell to the ground. Investigators believe two other suspects began kicking and punching Currie in the head as he lay unconscious.
"As our victim is walking away the suspect in this case basically cheap-shots him from behind knocking him to the ground," said Santa Ana Police Corporal Anthony Bertagna.
Currie was hospitalized in a coma. He emerged from the coma but has suffered permanent brain damage. Currie's mother, Kristy Currie, says her son was left with two skull fractures and severe bleeding of the brain. Currie spent four days in a coma in the intensive care unit with his family at his side.
Chris Garcia threw the party for customers of his clothing line Skyhi Clothing. He says he didn't see what happened.
"The gentleman that got hurt, I didn't really know him, no," said Garcia. Asked if he knew any of the attackers, he said, "One of the guys, yeah, I know one of the guys."
After making that statement to Eyewitness News, police investigators re-interviewed Garcia Thursday afternoon. According to investigators Garcia denied knowing any of the suspects.
Two suspects remain at large.
If you have information about the case, contact the Orange County Crime Stoppers at (855) TIP-OCCS. Crime Stoppers is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of suspects. The Currie family is also offering a $2,000 reward.
fight, orange county news, leticia juarez
- Report: Possible armed suspect in LA Times bldg 2 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat 15 min ago
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
40 min ago