Orange County News
Santa Ana fatal bicycle shooting victim was gang member
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man on a bicycle was shot and killed in Santa Ana, and police say the victim was a known gang member.
Police received 911 calls about some sort of disturbance at a condominium complex in the 4800 block of Westminster Avenue between La Bonita Avenue and Rosita Place around midnight Friday. When officers arrived, they found a man in his late 20s with at least one gunshot wound. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators believe the victim was shot in the area of La Bonita Avenue and 17th Street. Authorities believe the victim tried to get away after the shooting, abandoning his bicycle and running to the condominium complex, where police found him.
The motive for the shooting remains unclear. No arrests have been made.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the Santa Ana Police Department at (714) 245-8665.
shooting, gang activity, orange county news, darsha philips
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery 22 min ago
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Ex-Compton deputy fire chief out on bail
- AZ sheriff's office profiles Latinos - judge
- London attack: Suspect's friend questioned
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Man walks tightrope at Austria cathedral
13 min ago