Orange County News
Santa Ana fatal bicycle shooting victim was gang member
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man on a bicycle was shot and killed in Santa Ana, and police say the victim was a known gang member.
Police received 911 calls about some sort of disturbance at a condominium complex in the 4800 block of Westminster Avenue between La Bonita Avenue and Rosita Place around midnight Friday. When officers arrived, they found a man in his late 20s with at least one gunshot wound. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators believe the victim was shot in the area of La Bonita Avenue and 17th Street. Authorities believe the victim tried to get away after the shooting, abandoning his bicycle and running to the condominium complex, where police found him.
The motive for the shooting remains unclear. No arrests have been made.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the Santa Ana Police Department at (714) 245-8665.
shooting, gang activity, orange county news, darsha philips
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial 54 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 32 min ago
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment 58 min ago
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Video: Evangeline Lilly talks 'The Hobbit' film 16 min ago
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke