Orange County News
Missing Newport Beach woman: Body found in trash bin ID'd as Quee Chadwick
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A body that was found in a trash bin in San Diego County has been positively identified as Quee Chadwick, a missing woman from Newport Beach.
The body was identified Friday afternoon by the San Diego County coroner following an autopsy. The cause of death has not yet been determined.
Newport Beach police detectives first discovered the body inside a dumpster in the Lakeside area of San Diego County late Thursday afternoon after investigating a tip in Chadwick's disappearance.
The Newport Beach mother of three, known to her friends as "Q.C.," disappeared Oct. 10. Authorities say her husband, Peter Chadwick, killed her and dumped her body for financial gain.
"He has been accused of murdering her in the home and putting her body in his car and dumping her body, now in the location of San Diego," said Orange County District Attorney Spokeswoman Susan Kang Schroeder.
Chadwick pleaded not guilty to murder charges on Monday. According to investigators, the prominent real estate investor claims someone else killed his wife, then forced him to dump her body somewhere near the U.S.-Mexico border.
Investigators began working the case last week when the couple didn't pick up their children after school. Detectives say when they entered their multi-million dollar Newport Coast mansion, they found signs of foul play and evidence the couple was in the early stages of divorce.
Peter Chadwick was later arrested about 4 miles from Mexico. The search continued for his wife. Since the body was discovered Thursday afternoon, the dumpster's contents have been collected as evidence.
In the meantime, loved ones have created a makeshift memorial for Quee Chadwick outside her Newport Coast home. Authorities say the couple's three children are being cared for by another family member.
If convicted, Peter Chadwick faces a maximum sentence of life in state prison without the possibility of parole. He is being held without bail until a hearing on Oct. 26.
Anyone with any information regarding the ongoing investigation was urged to call Newport Beach Police Department at (800) 550-6273.
san diego, arrest, homicide investigation, missing person, orange county news, jovana lara
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash 29 min ago
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s 29 min ago
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present
- Two smart watch models put to the test
9 min ago