Orange County News
Laguna Hills man arrested in plot to kidnap teen relative for sex assault charges
COSTA MESA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Laguna Hills man was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of hiring a kidnapper to take a female relative to Mexico to prevent her from testifying against him in a sexual assault case.
Jesus Acosta-Inchaorrondo, 58, was arrested in August for sexual assault and molestation of a teenage relative, according to Costa Mesa Police. He posted bail and was released ahead of his November 2 court date.
An informant contacted Costa Mesa Police detectives Wednesday morning about Acosta-Inchaorrondo soliciting an abduction of the teenage relative.
The informant put Acosta-Inchaorrondo in contact with an undercover officer posing as someone who would perform the abduction. The undercover officer and Acosta-Inchaorrondo met in a Lake Forest shopping center parking lot Wednesday evening. They were monitored by nearby detectives.
Acosta-Inchaorrondo gave the officer documents and information on the girl's whereabouts and movements. He wanted the girl taken to Mexico and left on a street with a warning not to return. The suspect and the officer negotiated a price for the abduction, according to police.
Detectives arrested Acosta-Inchaorrondo as he was leaving the meeting at 6:30 p.m. He was transported to the Costa Mesa Jail, where he was booked for conspiracy to commit a crime, soliciting criminal acts and attempted kidnapping. He was then transported to Orange County Jail, where he was held without bail since he had violated the terms of his prior release on bail, as well as an immigration hold.
Costa Mesa Police and the Orange County District Attorney's Office have since taken measures to ensure the female relative's safety.
Anyone who may have additional information or believes they may have been victimized by Jesus Acosta-Inchaorrondo should contact the Costa Mesa Police Detective Michelle Bradbury (714) 754-5120 or Detective Sergeant Ed Everett (714) 754-5395.
arrest, kidnap, sexual assault, sex crimes, orange county news
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event