Orange County News
Officials need help finding suspects involved in a Santa Ana robbery
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Investigators are asking the public for help in their search for three suspects involved in a café robbery in Santa Ana.
The robbery happened on Oct. 9 at around 10:05 p.m. at Ca Phe Heaven café located at 2271 N. Fairview Street.
According to investigators, three suspects entered the café as they were closing and assaulted one of the employees working towards the back of the establishment with a black pipe. The suspects then wrestled the victim to the ground, tied his hands behind his back, and placed a shirt over his head. The first suspect then took the victim to a back room and placed him face down. Another café employee managed to flee and call for help.
Cash from the register, two cell phones, and a Rolex were reportedly stolen.
The first suspect is described as a Hispanic man with a goatee, about 30 to 35 years of age, 6 feet 2 inches tall with a heavy build, weighing between 250 and 300 pounds. He was last seen wearing a light blue baseball hat, a red t-shirt and black shorts.
The second suspect is described as a Hispanic man with a shaved head, mustache and beard, about 30 to 35 years of age, between 5 feet 8 inches and 5 feet 10 inches tall with a heavy build, weighing between 220 and 250 pounds. He was last seen wearing a light blue t-shirt with a black long sleeve underneath, and black jeans.
The third suspect is described as a Hispanic man with black hair, about 30 to 35 years of age, between 5 feet 8 inches and 5 feet 10 inches tall with a medium build, weighing between 180 and 200 pounds. He was last seen wearing a light blue baseball hat, a grey long sleeve shirt, and blue jeans.
The suspects fled in a dark, newer model, extended cab, full-sized pick-up truck.
Anyone with any information regarding the robbery is urged to contact OC Crimestoppers at (855) TIP-OCCS.
robbery, orange county news
- School bus crash: Driver, 2 kids hospitalized
- Big-rig crash shuts down 210 Fwy, Gold Line
- Compton aerial surveillance provokes backlash
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Justin Bieber detained at LAX upon arrival
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover