Orange County News
Officials need help finding suspects involved in a Santa Ana robbery
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Investigators are asking the public for help in their search for three suspects involved in a café robbery in Santa Ana.
The robbery happened on Oct. 9 at around 10:05 p.m. at Ca Phe Heaven café located at 2271 N. Fairview Street.
According to investigators, three suspects entered the café as they were closing and assaulted one of the employees working towards the back of the establishment with a black pipe. The suspects then wrestled the victim to the ground, tied his hands behind his back, and placed a shirt over his head. The first suspect then took the victim to a back room and placed him face down. Another café employee managed to flee and call for help.
Cash from the register, two cell phones, and a Rolex were reportedly stolen.
The first suspect is described as a Hispanic man with a goatee, about 30 to 35 years of age, 6 feet 2 inches tall with a heavy build, weighing between 250 and 300 pounds. He was last seen wearing a light blue baseball hat, a red t-shirt and black shorts.
The second suspect is described as a Hispanic man with a shaved head, mustache and beard, about 30 to 35 years of age, between 5 feet 8 inches and 5 feet 10 inches tall with a heavy build, weighing between 220 and 250 pounds. He was last seen wearing a light blue t-shirt with a black long sleeve underneath, and black jeans.
The third suspect is described as a Hispanic man with black hair, about 30 to 35 years of age, between 5 feet 8 inches and 5 feet 10 inches tall with a medium build, weighing between 180 and 200 pounds. He was last seen wearing a light blue baseball hat, a grey long sleeve shirt, and blue jeans.
The suspects fled in a dark, newer model, extended cab, full-sized pick-up truck.
Anyone with any information regarding the robbery is urged to contact OC Crimestoppers at (855) TIP-OCCS.
robbery, orange county news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks 53 min ago
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role