Orange County News
Suspect falls off 91 Freeway bridge at end of Anaheim pursuit
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A chase involving two carjacking suspects in Anaheim ended with one of them falling 100 feet from a freeway bridge.
The carjacking suspects were identified as Lakisa Crowder, 23, of Bellflower, and Cornell Davis, 18, of Palmdale. A man called police just after 10 p.m. Monday saying he'd been shot and his SUV had been stolen at the Anaheim Hills Festival shopping center on Santa Ana Canyon Road.
Officers caught up with the stolen SUV on the 91 Freeway and chased it until Crowder lost control and crashed into the retaining wall of a bridge near Bellflower Boulevard in Bellflower.
Davis exited the vehicle following the crash and fell off the bridge. He was transported to a hospital. Crowder led police on a brief foot chase before being apprehended.
Both were arrested for attempted murder and felony evasion.
The shooting victim is expected to survive. There was no word Tuesday on Davis' condition.
car crash, pursuit, orange county news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95 14 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Jameis Winston won't be charged in rape case
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- UCSB meningitis: Fund for amputee student 22 min ago
- Idaho school bus crash: 1 child killed, 4 hurt
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle 9 min ago
- Identical triplets born to Sacramento couple
- Banksy 'Flower Girl' could fetch up to $300K
- OTRC: 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' official trailer