Orange County News
Santa Ana party beating: Suspect arrested
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect in the brutal beating of a Huntington Beach man has been arrested.
Alfonso Calderon, 21 of Westminster, was taken into custody Thursday morning. He's accused of attacking 20-year-old Ted Currie outside a warehouse in Santa Ana in September.
Currie was at a party, and he and another man got into an argument. The beating left Currie in a coma with serious brain injuries.
Currie is out of the coma, but his mother said his condition is not good.
arrest, orange county news
- OC school bus crash: Several injuries reported 26 min ago
- Big-rig crash shuts down 210 Fwy, Gold Line 4 min ago
- Protesters commemorate Armenian Genocide
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Olivia Wilde, Jason Sudeikis welcome baby boy
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover 8 min ago
- Compton aerial surveillance provokes backlash
38 min ago