Orange County News
Laguna Hills sexual assault suspect arrested
LAGUNA HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- A Laguna Hills man, who allegedly confessed to sexually assaulting a woman Tuesday, is behind bars.
Police say Edison Quiroa Carrito, 24, of Laguna Hills was arrested Tuesday around 7 a.m. and booked on suspicion of attempted rape.
According to Jim Amormino of the Orange County Sheriff's Department, investigators arrested Carrito after a man, who was not involved in the crime, led officials to the suspect's home in the 26100 block of Sunnyglen Avenue. Police say that's when Carrito confessed to the crime.
Investigators say Carrito allegedly sexually assaulted the unidentified 24-year-old woman around 1:30 a.m. as she waited for a taxi in the 24400 block of Hillsdale Avenue.
The victim says Carrito and another man had offered her a ride before the assault took place. After she declined, Carrito returned alone.
"He grabbed her, threw her to the ground, partially disrobed her, and sexually assaulted her," Amormino said.
He has been charged with rape.
CNS contributed to this report.
arrest, sex crimes, sexual assault, orange county news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'