Orange County News
Residents held against will after burglars lead police on chase
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are searching for three suspects who broke into a home in Fullerton and held residents against their will after leading police on a chase through Brea Monday.
While under surveillance, Huntington Beach police observed three suspects, involved in a series of burglaries, burglarize a residence near State College Boulevard and Lambert Road in Brea.
As detectives attempted to apprehend them, the suspects led police on a pursuit. Brea police chased the suspects who shortly abandoned their vehicle and ran southbound across Imperial Highway into a residential tract located in Fullerton.
Police officers from the Huntington Beach, Brea, Fullerton, and La Habra departments set up a perimeter on several nearby streets. A CHP helicopter was also called to conduct a search within the police perimeter to no avail.
After the suspects eluded officers, authorities received a phone call of a break-in from residents of a home in the 3900 block of Madonna Road. The burglars busted into their home through an unlocked door around 4:30 p.m. and held the residents against their will. It wasn't until they left that the residents' notified police.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the Fullerton Police Department at (714) 738-6800, Huntington Beach Police Department at (714) 960-8811, or the Brea Police Department at (714) 990-7625.
burglary, car chase, home invasion, pursuit, orange county news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 10 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done 54 min ago
- LB mayoral candidate mailer wrongly shows SD
- Playa del Rey home break-in caught on camera
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February 54 min ago
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry