Orange County News
Historic Laguna Beach mansion Villa Rockledge to be auctioned
LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A one of a kind dream home in Laguna Beach will soon be up for sale to the highest bidder.
The historic oceanfront property is called Villa Rockledge. It's located along south Pacific Coast Highway.
"I don't think you can find another home like this in Southern California," said David Jaffe, vice president, Premiere Estates Auction Company. "It's right on the water, has 120 feet of private beach, and a saltwater pool."
The property was built in 1919 and completed in 1923.
"There's a main house with five bedrooms and five baths and about 5,000 square feet," said Jaffe.
The main home and six private villas are joined by meandering pathways lush with vegetation. A small tower leads from the main house down to some of the villas.
The home was built by Frank Miller and designed by Arthur Benton, both known for their work at the Mission Inn in Riverside. That influence can be seen throughout the property, from the windows to the decorations on the doors.
Every room has unique detail and just about every room on this property has a gorgeous view.
The property has been on the National Register of Historic Places since 1984. The sellers have owned the property for decades, but now want to sell.
"They've had their enjoyment with it. They've lived in it for almost 40 years. They're ready to move on to the next part of their life," said Jaffe. "They want to sell it by a certain time and they want to get market value and instead of waiting for the market to come, they hired us to bring the market to them."
The opening bid is $10.5 million. Premiere Estates Auction Company expects the unique property could bring in as much as $25 million when it sells at auction on December 15.
real estate, orange county news, eileen frere
- Pinkberry co-founder given 7 yrs in '11 beating 25 min ago
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry 49 min ago
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)