Orange County News
Disneyland combats 'renting out' park passes
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Disneyland is trying to put a stop to the so-called "renting out" of discounted park passes.
Multi-day passes are cheaper, per day, than single-day passes. The multi-day passes are being purchased, then offered for "rent" on websites like Craigslist and at ticket brokers.
The person who rents the pass then returns it and someone else pays to use it the next day.
To discourage this, Disneyland will now require the guest's name on all four and five day passes, and will check them against photo IDs.
Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
disney theme park, orange county news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke