Orange County News
Huntington Beach resident injured while trying to fight house fire w/ garden hose
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A Huntington Beach resident was rushed to the hospital after trying to fight a fire at a home on the 19000 block of Woodward Lane.
Neighbors called 911 Friday afternoon when they saw flames shooting out of the single-story home. When firefighters arrived at the scene, they found the resident in the backyard trying to put out the fire with a garden hose.
That person was taken to the hospital with heat and smoke exposure.
The fire caused more than $100,000 in damage.
The cause of the blaze was under investigation.
fire, orange county news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 41 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 39 min ago
- State oversight may tame California pot shops 29 min ago
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks