Orange County News
Huntington Beach resident injured while trying to fight house fire w/ garden hose
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A Huntington Beach resident was rushed to the hospital after trying to fight a fire at a home on the 19000 block of Woodward Lane.
Neighbors called 911 Friday afternoon when they saw flames shooting out of the single-story home. When firefighters arrived at the scene, they found the resident in the backyard trying to put out the fire with a garden hose.
That person was taken to the hospital with heat and smoke exposure.
The fire caused more than $100,000 in damage.
The cause of the blaze was under investigation.
fire, orange county news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne 19 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds