Orange County News
Santa Ana woman stabbed: Charges filed
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 24-year-old man was charged Monday with the murder of his former girlfriend, who was found stabbed to death in a Santa Ana alley.
Luis Antonio Garcia Morales was charged with one felony count of special circumstance murder by lying in wait with a sentencing enhancement for the personal use of a deadly weapon.
Maria Isabel Cerrillo's body was found around 7:40 p.m. Tuesday in the 200 block of N. Laurel Street, about three and half miles from her home. Prosecutors allege Morales arranged to meet the 21-year-old victim in an alleyway, and then stabbed her repeatedly. He was arrested Thursday morning.
Morales's vehicle was located in Garden Grove. He had sold it Wednesday night to a private party, according to police. The vehicle was recovered and impounded by police.
Morales is being held without bail. His arraigned was rescheduled to Dec. 14. If convicted, he faces life in prison without the possibility of parole.
body found, stabbing, homicide investigation, murder, orange county news
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Kristen Wiig talks about missing 'SNL'