Orange County News
Santa Ana woman stabbed: Charges filed
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 24-year-old man was charged Monday with the murder of his former girlfriend, who was found stabbed to death in a Santa Ana alley.
Luis Antonio Garcia Morales was charged with one felony count of special circumstance murder by lying in wait with a sentencing enhancement for the personal use of a deadly weapon.
Maria Isabel Cerrillo's body was found around 7:40 p.m. Tuesday in the 200 block of N. Laurel Street, about three and half miles from her home. Prosecutors allege Morales arranged to meet the 21-year-old victim in an alleyway, and then stabbed her repeatedly. He was arrested Thursday morning.
Morales's vehicle was located in Garden Grove. He had sold it Wednesday night to a private party, according to police. The vehicle was recovered and impounded by police.
Morales is being held without bail. His arraigned was rescheduled to Dec. 14. If convicted, he faces life in prison without the possibility of parole.
body found, stabbing, homicide investigation, murder, orange county news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 57 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought 40 min ago
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere