Orange County News
OC Transportation Board approves bus fare increase
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- You will soon be paying more to ride the bus around Orange County.
The Orange County Transportation Authority Board of Directors met Monday and approved a proposed new bus fare increase.
The average increase approved is 25 percent.
The base fare for adults is currently $1.50 for fixed routes and rapid transit but will be raised more than 33 percent to $2.
Current $4 day passes for adults will be raised to $5. The price of monthly passes will also increase from $55 to $69.
OCTA officials say a rate hike is necessary to cover increased health care and pension costs, high fuel expenses, and reduced state funds for transportation.
orange county news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video