Orange County News
OC Transportation Board approves bus fare increase
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- You will soon be paying more to ride the bus around Orange County.
The Orange County Transportation Authority Board of Directors met Monday and approved a proposed new bus fare increase.
The average increase approved is 25 percent.
The base fare for adults is currently $1.50 for fixed routes and rapid transit but will be raised more than 33 percent to $2.
Current $4 day passes for adults will be raised to $5. The price of monthly passes will also increase from $55 to $69.
OCTA officials say a rate hike is necessary to cover increased health care and pension costs, high fuel expenses, and reduced state funds for transportation.
orange county news
- Southern California heat expected to die down 10 min ago
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- 2 Chile earthquakes shake Pacific shoreline
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians
- Entire Newport Beach Little League suspended
50 min ago
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
10 min ago