Orange County News
Lifelike dinosaur statue causes stir in San Juan Capistrano
SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, Calif. (KABC) -- A lifelike dinosaur statue created quite a stir in San Juan Capistrano.
The 40-foot long replica apatosaurus was placed in the Zoomars Petting Zoo in June without city review and permits.
Kids love dinosaurs, so officials thought it was a perfect addition. But some local residents said it just didn't fit into their historic neighborhood.
However, the issue seems to be resolved now. The Cultural Heritage Commission held a meeting Tuesday and decided to let the zoo keep the dinosaur, saying it was no longer offensive.
orange county news
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car 36 min ago
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead 2 min ago
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis