Orange County News
Pedestrian killed in Newport Beach crash
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was killed after being struck by a vehicle as he was crossing a street in Newport Beach outside of a crosswalk Tuesday.
The collision occured on San Joaquin Hills Road between MacArthur Boulevard and San Miguel Road around 7:40 p.m.
The driver of a 2005 black Porsche Carrera struck the 71-year-old man as he walked into the eastbound lanes midblock.
The victim was transported to Western Medical Center in Santa Ana but was later pronounced dead. Authorities say a second pedestrian who crossed the street with the victim was uninjured.
The driver of the vehicle, a 58-year-old male of Newport Beach, remained at the scene.
Anyone with any information regarding this crash was urged to call Traffic Investigator Eric Little of the Newport Beach Police Department at (949) 644-3746.
accident, car crash, orange county news
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 42 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls 31 min ago
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts