Orange County News
Pedestrian killed in Newport Beach crash
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was killed after being struck by a vehicle as he was crossing a street in Newport Beach outside of a crosswalk Tuesday.
The collision occured on San Joaquin Hills Road between MacArthur Boulevard and San Miguel Road around 7:40 p.m.
The driver of a 2005 black Porsche Carrera struck the 71-year-old man as he walked into the eastbound lanes midblock.
The victim was transported to Western Medical Center in Santa Ana but was later pronounced dead. Authorities say a second pedestrian who crossed the street with the victim was uninjured.
The driver of the vehicle, a 58-year-old male of Newport Beach, remained at the scene.
Anyone with any information regarding this crash was urged to call Traffic Investigator Eric Little of the Newport Beach Police Department at (949) 644-3746.
accident, car crash, orange county news
- Malaysian official: Missing jet hijacked 32 min ago
- Westbound 134 Fwy closed due to police activity
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)