Orange County News
Oak View criminal defense attorney arrested for soliciting underage sex online
SEAL BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A criminal defense attorney is under arrest, accused of meeting underage girls on the internet and soliciting sex acts online.
Arturo Fernando Shaw III Gutierrez, 36, was taken into custody Saturday at the Seal Beach Pier after he had arranged to meet with an underage female at the pier for sexual purposes.
Undercover investigators with the Orange County Child Exploitation Task Force had posed as the young girl and contacted Gutierrez on Facebook to set up the meeting.
He came under scrutiny after police say the parents of a girl turned over online conversations between Gutierrez and their daughter.
The Task Force served a search warrant at his residence in Oak View. Investigators say they found evidence related to the crime and believe there may be additional minor victims.
Gutierrez was arrested on charges of contacting a minor with intent to commit a lewd act and arranging to meet a minor for a lewd act.
He was booked at Seal Beach Police Department and was being held in lieu of $50,000 bail.
arrest, sex crimes, orange county news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis