Orange County News
Taxi sought in fatal OC hit-and-run crash
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- A 60-year-old woman was struck by a taxi and left to die in Orange County. The driver remains at large.
The incident happened Wednesday morning at the intersection of Gilbert Street and Katella Avenue in Garden Grove.
Orange County CHP says the woman, Maria Hernandez, was crossing the street against a red light when she was hit.
The driver of the yellow taxi minivan was last seen headed southbound on Meridian Avenue. The taxi should have front-end damage.
Hernandez was transported to an area hospital, where she died.
hit and run, car crash, orange county news
- Malaysian Airlines flight goes missing 13 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 18 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested 22 min ago
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 59 min ago
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family 56 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months