Orange County News
Newport Beach boat owners to boycott Christmas parade over fee hike
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Boat owners in Newport Beach say they're planning to boycott the annual Christmas Boat Parade.
They're upset over proposed dock fee increases that could cost them nearly $2,000 more per year.
The boat owners are taking out advertisements in local newspapers on Saturday officially threatening to pull out of the parade and asking parade goers to lobby against the fee hike.
Newport's city manager, however, says the higher fees are fair considering the market value of the Newport docks.
christmas, parade, orange county news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate 34 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Criticism of painkiller Zohydro intensifies
5 min ago