Orange County News
Stolen phone leads to multiple burglaries, car theft arrest
IRVINE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Riverside County man is facing charges for auto theft, multiple thefts from vehicles and residential burglary following a foot pursuit in the Turtle Ridge area of Irvine.
Tony Angulo Junior, 32, was arrested Sunday around 12:30 p.m. after a victim tracked his stolen Droid and the suspect using the "Find My Droid" application.
Angulo was found hiding in a marsh wearing a jacket that was missing from a stolen Honda. Further investigation linked Angulo to a vehicle theft in Corona.
Police say in addition to stealing a phone and a car, the suspect stole a small amount of cash, a purse, and an iPad from multiple vehicles. Angulo is also accused of stealing a 5-year-old boy's bicycle.
The 5-year-old made a missing sign and posted it on his garage.
Police did recover and return the stolen bike to the young boy.
Angulo Junior was arrested and booked at the Orange County Jail and held in lieu of $100,000 bail.
arrest, burglary, orange county news
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey 47 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 1 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 22 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Oxnard residents burglarize home 8 min ago
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder 26 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail 16 min ago
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan 32 min ago
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months