Orange County News
Newport Beach's higher dock fees anger boat owners
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Boat owners are protesting higher dock fees in Newport Beach.
The city council approved the increase Tuesday night, which will cost the average boat owner a few hundred dollars more each year to 52 cents per square foot.
Many residents are threatening to boycott the city's annual boat parade. The city says the higher fees are fair and reflect the true market value of the Newport Docks.
Those who rent out their docks will pay a higher rent as well.
christmas, parade, orange county news
- Echo Park apartment fire kills 2, injures 2 49 min ago
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- '12 Years a Slave,' 'Hustle' lead Globes noms 7 min ago
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks 32 min ago
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate