Orange County News
Newport Beach's higher dock fees anger boat owners
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Boat owners are protesting higher dock fees in Newport Beach.
The city council approved the increase Tuesday night, which will cost the average boat owner a few hundred dollars more each year to 52 cents per square foot.
Many residents are threatening to boycott the city's annual boat parade. The city says the higher fees are fair and reflect the true market value of the Newport Docks.
Those who rent out their docks will pay a higher rent as well.
christmas, parade, orange county news
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 35 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts