Orange County News
Santa Ana police shooting: Suspect in serious condition
SANTA ANA (KABC) -- A man remains in serious condition at a hospital Sunday after he was shot by police in Santa Ana.
Around midnight, police were called about an unknown problem involving a man and a woman in the 500 block of East Washington Avenue.
When officers arrived, the man went over a wall and ran into the backyard of a home. Police say he reached into the waistband of his pants, which is when they shot him.
The man, later identified as 27-year-old Ignacio Leon Jr., was shot twice in the upper body.
Police were still on scene Sunday morning to search for a weapon. Authorities say there were two other people in the yard at the time of the shooting. Investigators are searching for these people, who authorities believe might have removed the weapon from the scene.
No officers were injured during this incident.
officer-involved shooting, orange county news
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 51 min ago
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted 56 min ago
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler