Orange County News
Santa Ana police shooting: Suspect in serious condition
SANTA ANA (KABC) -- A man remains in serious condition at a hospital Sunday after he was shot by police in Santa Ana.
Around midnight, police were called about an unknown problem involving a man and a woman in the 500 block of East Washington Avenue.
When officers arrived, the man went over a wall and ran into the backyard of a home. Police say he reached into the waistband of his pants, which is when they shot him.
The man, later identified as 27-year-old Ignacio Leon Jr., was shot twice in the upper body.
Police were still on scene Sunday morning to search for a weapon. Authorities say there were two other people in the yard at the time of the shooting. Investigators are searching for these people, who authorities believe might have removed the weapon from the scene.
No officers were injured during this incident.
officer-involved shooting, orange county news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 37 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis