Orange County News
Santa Ana police shooting: Suspect in serious condition
SANTA ANA (KABC) -- A man remains in serious condition at a hospital Sunday after he was shot by police in Santa Ana.
Around midnight, police were called about an unknown problem involving a man and a woman in the 500 block of East Washington Avenue.
When officers arrived, the man went over a wall and ran into the backyard of a home. Police say he reached into the waistband of his pants, which is when they shot him.
The man, later identified as 27-year-old Ignacio Leon Jr., was shot twice in the upper body.
Police were still on scene Sunday morning to search for a weapon. Authorities say there were two other people in the yard at the time of the shooting. Investigators are searching for these people, who authorities believe might have removed the weapon from the scene.
No officers were injured during this incident.
officer-involved shooting, orange county news
- Search resumes for hiker in Santa Clarita 30 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 38 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'
- LA launches campaign to shut illegal pot...
18 min ago