Orange County News
Anaheim fatal hit-run suspect sought
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for a hit-and-run driver responsible for fatally hitting a man near the 91 Freeway in Anaheim Monday.
The incident happened as the 78-year-old victim was crossing the street at the crosswalk on Imperial Highway near the westbound ramp to the 91 Freeway.
A vehicle stopped when the man fell to the ground, but a second vehicle struck the man around 10:26 p.m.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene. No further information about the victim has been released.
An active search is under way for the first vehicle that sped off. The car is described as a small compact vehicle. Authorities say the car initially stopped but the driver later took off.
car crash, hit and run, orange county news
- Nursing home shooting murder: Brother arrested 40 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients
- Holiday crackdown on jaywalking in downtown LA
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case 43 min ago
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- House GOP signal support for budget deal
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Photos: ABC7 viewers share holiday photos
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- OTRC: Jason Clarke in talks for 'Terminator' reboot