Orange County News
Anaheim fatal hit-run suspect sought
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for a hit-and-run driver responsible for fatally hitting a man near the 91 Freeway in Anaheim Monday.
The incident happened as the 78-year-old victim was crossing the street at the crosswalk on Imperial Highway near the westbound ramp to the 91 Freeway.
A vehicle stopped when the man fell to the ground, but a second vehicle struck the man around 10:26 p.m.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene. No further information about the victim has been released.
An active search is under way for the first vehicle that sped off. The car is described as a small compact vehicle. Authorities say the car initially stopped but the driver later took off.
car crash, hit and run, orange county news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash 28 min ago
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well 14 min ago
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role