Orange County News
Anaheim fatal hit-run suspect sought
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for a hit-and-run driver responsible for fatally hitting a man near the 91 Freeway in Anaheim Monday.
The incident happened as the 78-year-old victim was crossing the street at the crosswalk on Imperial Highway near the westbound ramp to the 91 Freeway.
A vehicle stopped when the man fell to the ground, but a second vehicle struck the man around 10:26 p.m.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene. No further information about the victim has been released.
An active search is under way for the first vehicle that sped off. The car is described as a small compact vehicle. Authorities say the car initially stopped but the driver later took off.
car crash, hit and run, orange county news
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 5
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Mom of wandering boys was supervised by CPS
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons