Orange County News
Anaheim fatal hit-run suspect sought
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for a hit-and-run driver responsible for fatally hitting a man near the 91 Freeway in Anaheim Monday.
The incident happened as the 78-year-old victim was crossing the street at the crosswalk on Imperial Highway near the westbound ramp to the 91 Freeway.
A vehicle stopped when the man fell to the ground, but a second vehicle struck the man around 10:26 p.m.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene. No further information about the victim has been released.
An active search is under way for the first vehicle that sped off. The car is described as a small compact vehicle. Authorities say the car initially stopped but the driver later took off.
car crash, hit and run, orange county news
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved 23 min ago
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy
- 13-year-old leads wild police chase in Iowa
35 min ago
- Nathan Fillion spending summer on big screen
42 min ago