Orange County News
Woman attacked with hammer outside Chase Bank in Anaheim
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman was brutally attacked by a another woman with a hammer outside a bank in Anaheim on Tuesday, police said.
The victim was leaving the Chase Bank in the 500 block of North Euclid Street at about 4:15 p.m. when she was suddenly beaten in the parking lot.
"Our investigation determined that she had tried to rob the victim and actually assaulted her by hitting her in the head with a hammer," said Sgt. Mark Irwin with the Anaheim Police Department. "It is apparently a crime committed by a complete stranger."
Bank employees and customers managed to detain the suspect until police arrived. She was taken into custody.
The victim was taken to UC Irvine Medical Center with injuries to her head and face.
orange county news
- 405 South crash: 11 hurt in 8-vehicle pileup
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover
- Cold front moves across Southern California 32 min ago
- Baldwin Village fire likely sparked by candle
- Mom sought for abducting 3 kids in Palmdale
- Boy, 7, dies following Mid-City shooting
- Simi Valley neighbors found dead in front yards
- NY train engineer in 'daze' just before crash
- abcnews: 2 skydivers killed in AZ midair collision
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen
- USC football coach Sarkisian takes helm
- 'Curb Appeal' co-host killed in SF crash 46 min ago
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film 53 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
32 min ago