Orange County News
Costa Mesa cancels plans to lay off 70 workers
COSTA MESA, Calif. (KABC) -- The city of Costa Mesa officially canceled plans to lay off 70 workers.
The layoffs were part of the controversial plan to outsource the jobs to save the city money. The city is sending letters to the affected workers.
"I know this period has been difficult for you, your department and the city, and I appreciate your professionalism through it all," wrote City Chief Executive Officer Tom Hatch in the letter. "We still have significant budget challenges ahead, but we will work through them together. I hope you, your family and friends have a peaceful and safe holiday season."
The city council also asked the Costa Mesa City Employees Association to drop the lawsuit it filed to prevent the outsourcing and layoffs.
orange county news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58 10 min ago
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 24 min ago
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case 4 min ago
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store 5 min ago
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members 26 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 16 min ago
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour