Orange County News
ABC7 viewer plays Santa for OC girl who lost sister in DUI crash
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- One of our generous viewers decided to play Santa after seeing a story on Eyewitness News.
He was touched by a little girl celebrating Christmas without her sister who was killed by suspected drunk driver in Santa Ana.
Little Grecia Meza was thankful on Thursday when she was showered with gifts from our Spark of Love Toy Drive and the Santa Ana Police Foundation.
She mentioned that she had asked Santa for an iPod. One of our viewers, David Devlin, jumped on the wish and gave her an iPod on Friday.
"I saw on the news she requested an iPod, so I felt inspired to get her one. She's been through a lot," said Devlin.
Meza thanked Devlin from the bottom of her heart. They shared a hug and Devlin said that his only condition was that she has to put at least one Beatles song on the device; it's his favorite group.
But she shook her head no when asked if she was going to put Justin Bieber on her new iPod.
The Santa Ana Police Foundation is trying to help Meza's family by collecting donations. If you'd like to help, visit http://www.sapdf.org/tragedy.
holiday, christmas, dui, orange county news
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race 16 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies 6 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video