Orange County News
Cal State Fullerton lockdown: 4th suspect arrested
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A fourth man has been arrested in connection with a robbery and chase that led to a lockdown of the California State University, Fullerton campus.
Roosevelt Fernandez, 26, of Compton, was arrested Wednesday and booked on suspicion of attempted murder and robbery charges.
Investigators said he was part of a group of men who robbed Empire Jewelry Pawn Shop in Moreno Valley on Dec. 12 and shot and wounded the clerk. The robbers then led authorities on a chase that ended near Cal State Fullerton. All five suspects ran from the vehicle.
Damine Lavonte Banks, 30, and Jerome Renard Allen, 23, both from Los Angeles, were arrested almost immediately at the scene. At least one suspect was seen running through the Cal State Fullerton campus, forcing officials to lock down the university for nearly eight hours.
Another suspect, Traevon Cortez Vidaud, 24, from Compton, carjacked a second vehicle and led officers on a pursuit to Watts, where he was eventually taken into custody.
Authorities are still looking for a fifth suspect. Anyone with information was asked to call the Moreno Valley Police Department at (951) 486-6710.
school, car chase, orange county news
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- 3 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors