Orange County News
Cal State Fullerton lockdown: 4th suspect arrested
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A fourth man has been arrested in connection with a robbery and chase that led to a lockdown of the California State University, Fullerton campus.
Roosevelt Fernandez, 26, of Compton, was arrested Wednesday and booked on suspicion of attempted murder and robbery charges.
Investigators said he was part of a group of men who robbed Empire Jewelry Pawn Shop in Moreno Valley on Dec. 12 and shot and wounded the clerk. The robbers then led authorities on a chase that ended near Cal State Fullerton. All five suspects ran from the vehicle.
Damine Lavonte Banks, 30, and Jerome Renard Allen, 23, both from Los Angeles, were arrested almost immediately at the scene. At least one suspect was seen running through the Cal State Fullerton campus, forcing officials to lock down the university for nearly eight hours.
Another suspect, Traevon Cortez Vidaud, 24, from Compton, carjacked a second vehicle and led officers on a pursuit to Watts, where he was eventually taken into custody.
Authorities are still looking for a fifth suspect. Anyone with information was asked to call the Moreno Valley Police Department at (951) 486-6710.
school, car chase, orange county news
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach 34 min ago
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Protests against Monsanto held around world
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Man killed when Amtrak train collides with car
- Communications satellite launched into space
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Eye on LA reveals sizzling hot summer guide
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
49 min ago