Orange County News
Man wounded after officer-involved shooting in Santa Ana
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- An officer-involved shooting in Santa Ana left a man wounded early Friday morning.
The shooting happened in the 3600 block of West Morningside Avenue around 1:45 a.m.
Santa Ana police say officers were searching for a man with a gun when the male suspect confronted them. Officers ordered the suspect, identified as 43-year-old John Berry Horton, to drop his gun but he refused to comply and officers opened fire.
The 43-year-old parolee was taken to UCI Medical Center where he underwent surgery.
No officers were injured during the shooting. No information on Horton's condition was released but authorities say he is expected to survive.
Horton is a documented gang member.
shooting, officer-involved shooting, orange county news
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting 59 min ago
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds 34 min ago
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Ex-Compton deputy fire chief out on bail
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Vin Diesel denies steroids use (Video)